It can happen to anyone; a wrong step or a hard blow to the knee and you’re in pain. A seemingly small misstep can stretch or snap a ligament, and a simple fall can end up with a painful fracture. If you are experiencing knee pain in Barrington and have any of these symptoms, discuss treatment options with our orthopedic surgeon. We can make a diagnosis and prescribe a treatment plan to help you avoid further damage.
Signs You Should Call Us
Are you unsure if your injury is serious enough to call our orthopedic office? Here are some of the signs you should look for:
- Your knee looks different. If you experienced a fall or landed on your knee, the kneecap may be dislocated or fractured. You need immediate orthopedic care.
- You notice quick swelling within a couple of hours following an injury. Minimal swelling is normal following an injury. However, if you cannot bend your leg due to swelling or you can feel swelling internally, you may have a fracture or a ligament tear that needs professional attention.
- Did you hear a loud pop? Often when a ligament is torn, you will hear a loud pop and experience sharp pain.
- Feeling extreme pain when you are trying to walk may indicate you need expert orthopedic care. It’s normal to have some pain following an injury, but severe pain may indicate a more serious injury.
- Did your knee give out on you suddenly? When your leg buckles underneath you, it indicates instability. Let an orthopedic specialist look at it to avoid further damage.
- Being able to pinpoint the origin of your pain may be indicative of a meniscus tear. Common sprains and strains cause general, whole knee pain, and a fracture usually causes radiating pain.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, Gitelis Orthopedics is serving those suffering knee pain in the Barrington area.