It can happen to anyone; a wrong step or a hard blow to the knee and you’re in pain. A seemingly small misstep can stretch or snap a ligament, and a simple fall can end up with a painful fracture. Living with this type of pain can result in a great deal of change in your life. Losing time at work, missing out on trips with the family and having to avoid outdoor activities you once loved can leave you feeling as if your pain has taken over your life. Fortunately, choosing the right surgeon near Barrington to rid you of your knee pain is always an option. At Gitelis Orthopedics, we want to be there for you during your time of need. If you are experiencing knee pain in Barrington and have any of these symptoms, discuss treatment options with our orthopedic surgeon. We can make a diagnosis and prescribe a treatment plan to help you avoid further damage.
Signs You Should Call Us
Many people find themselves debating whether their injury is severe enough to seek medical attention. Often, they find themselves dealing with pain and other symptoms far longer than they should. This doesn’t have to be the case. Knowing what you should pay attention to when dealing with a knee injury will help you make the decision of whether you should seek assistance.
Are you unsure if your injury is serious enough to call our orthopedic office? Here are some of the signs you should look for:
- Your knee looks different. If you experienced a fall or landed on your knee, the kneecap may be dislocated or fractured. You need immediate orthopedic care.
- You notice quick swelling within a couple of hours following an injury. Minimal swelling is normal following an injury. However, if you cannot bend your leg due to swelling or you can feel swelling internally, you may have a fracture or a ligament tear that needs professional attention.
- Did you hear a loud pop? Often when a ligament is torn, you will hear a loud pop and experience sharp pain.
- Feeling extreme pain when you are trying to walk may indicate you need expert orthopedic care. It’s normal to have some pain following an injury, but severe pain may indicate a more serious injury.
- Did your knee give out on you suddenly? When your leg buckles underneath you, it indicates instability. Let an orthopedic specialist look at it to avoid further damage.
- Being able to pinpoint the origin of your pain may be indicative of a meniscus tear. Common sprains and strains cause general, whole knee pain, and a fracture usually causes radiating pain.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, Gitelis Orthopedics is serving those suffering knee pain in the Barrington area.
Another fear many who suffer from knee pain near Barrington find themselves struggling with is choosing the right orthopedic surgeon to handle their situation. At Gitelis Orthopedics, you’ll find a team of experienced professionals who are ready and willing to provide you with the assistance you need. With 30 years of experience, Dr. Gitelis understands the situation you are in. He will work closely with you to find the best treatment options possible in hopes of getting you on your feet again soon.
If you find yourself in need of an orthopedic surgeon near Barrington, we welcome you to visit us or call. Our staff is waiting to help you on your way to feeling better.